Since I'm mostly running nowadays I decided to start using Runkeeper in favor of My Tracks. I did not want to start with a blank slate, so I wanted to migratie the My Tracks data to Runkeeper. At first it seemed impossible but, where I am a novice runner I'm not a novice nerd, so here is the how to.
- First upload the map you want to import from MyTracks to Fusion Tables.
- Go to your Google Drive, open the Fusion Table
- If you don’t have the new look yet for Fusion Tables click on “Switch to new Look” in the right top.
- Select the ‘Map of geometry’ tab
- Click on File and then select Download
- Select KLM as format and click Download
- Now go to http://kml2gpx.com (thanks guys, you rock)
- Upload your just downloaded file and click on Convert
- Download the file
- Go to Runkeeper.com and login
- Click on Log
- Check Activity and click on Step 2: Add a Map
- Click ‘Import Map’
- Choose the file you just downloaded and wait
- Click on ‘Next’
- And the date, the starttime, duration and any other information you have and click on ‘Save’
- Done one file, I hope you don’t have to much My Track records you want to import 🙂
Migrating from My Tracks to Runkeeper
Submit a Comment